Thursday, February 16, 2017

My art/ Style.


 This is a painting of  someone facing two conflicting emotions. I plan to re-upload this picture to a better quality later but I believe this is my "style." I like working with colors that convey emotions whether it be red, purple, turquoise, or pink. I rarely ever use regular skin tones when painting. When I paint I like to look up beautiful backgrounds and scenery to give me ideas for either backgrounds or what the person on my foreground is going to look like. People are also part of my style, I believe i have a certain way of drawing them that is hopefully recognizable and I just enjoy drawing people in general. For this piece i looked up spewing lava as an idea for the background and I feel as though I succeeded, as I used a palette knife to do this. I somewhat based the person's face after my mother. Also, this piece is imperfect as one half is lower than the other, but I feel as though the imperfectness adds a uniqueness to it because with the lower sad half, it kind of shows that people tend to look different when they are sad. I hope to continue making pieces like this that cause the viewer to feel the emotion in the painting.

22 comments:

  1. I love this! The contrast between colors, the detail. It's spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that the colors relate to the emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this Jewell. I like the concept and the colors you used. Good Job Jewell. - Paula Cifuentes

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contrasting colors really help convey the contrasting emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice piece. You definitely have a distinct style. The hair reminds me of other works you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the contrast and balance if the two colors really ties the piece together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the color. Your style reminds me of steven universe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how your background colors crash together to create a an effect like waves and the colors compliment each other nicely.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome. I love your style. especially the hair. The backgrounds to me are kind of patchy, but still holds up. i give it an 8 out of 10

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the texture of the background, the palette knife background is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like how you used the warm in cool colors in this piece. It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like how you did one side of the portrait with warm colors and one side with cool colors. Really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Creative and personal. I like the color schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the contrast of warm and cool colors

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your art style it's very unique and I like how you used the colors, they fit very well with your background.

    ReplyDelete