Friday, February 17, 2017

Hand Built Ceramic Lantern


















For this lantern project at first I did this circular shaped lantern. I made the base using the coil method and then used slabs to make the curved walls.  I drew stars and poked holes into it to make it look like a galaxy, but it started falling apart and I decided I didn't really like it so I decided to do another lantern instead. My final piece is this lotus lantern and I'm actually quite happy with it. I took my time and made sure I carefully constructed the walls and smoothed them out so they properly connected to one another. I wanted to add some more leaves around the base, but I probably won't get the chance to. Overall I;m satisfied with this piece.

10 comments:

  1. Your lantern looks like a flower and its cute . You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lantern looks like flames. It is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very unique and you could go very far with the glaze on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project really caught my eye, its very different and I really enjoy the design. You could clean it up but other then that its great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you decided to use a lotus design, it's really unique and the leaves on the outside make it even better. -Bre'Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. The overall shape of your lantern is very creatively put together, I really like it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece because it's different. I like how you made and put your leaves together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lantern is very creative and aesthetically pleasing. The sides of it have a very visible smoothness to them. Great work.

    ReplyDelete